Monday, January 11, 2010

End of the year numbers...



Not that anyone really cares, but I've been spending the last couple of days getting ready for Tax time and have compiled some numbers that are an interesting look into the work/life of running a frame shop.  Some of the catagories surprised me, and others are just a little interesting.

So, without further ado, the 2009 end of year numbers of no significant importance  :)

Total number of customers served....   265 (frames, bars, stems, forks, restos, etc...)

Number of failed products ... 1 (1 bent Luv bar from jumping a creek and hitting a tree, sponsored rider)

Number of maroon Scotchbright pads used ... 25

Number in feet of 80 grit shop roll used ... 75

Number of times I cleaned the paint gun ... phhht, I don't even want to think of this!

Number of wheels built ...  11

Number of countries Groovy products are now found in ... 26

Number of customer inquiries/emails / comments received... 4982

Number of email responses sent ... 3919

Number of magazine appearances of Groovy products ... 2 (thanks to Dirt Rag and MBA)

Number of Blog posts ... 146

Number of folks who stopped by the spring open house ... 25

Number of races sponsored/attended ... 7

Total product donations for races, charity fund raisers ... $6607.00

Number of days I got out to ride ... 32

Number of pounds gained due to my miserable number of days ridden ... 25

Number of out of state rides ... 9 (6 in AZ, 2 in Pa, 1 in WV)

Number of flat tires changed at races as neutral support ... 8

Number of times Christi threatened to quit and came back ... 3

Number of hours dontated for local trail work ... 28

Number of hours worked at the shop (not inclusive of email/blog/races) ... 1664

Number of hours worked at the Fire Department and teaching/medical instruction ... 4313

As we head into the new year, I'm looking forward to sharing another 365 days with y'all   ;)

cheers,

rody

4 comments:

Jamenstall said...

Rody

I would like to thank you for the time you spent with me in the shop. I really do appreciate it. Hopefully one day I can pay it forward.

Larry

ps, keep up the good work.

rmb said...

You da man.

Jay said...

As one of your 265 customers, I am proud to own some of your fine craftsmanship. I have enjoyed many great trail rides the past couple of months including a log bridge...

John Proppe said...

You are a machine, Rody. I need to borrow some of that motivation.

Also, as a recipient of a neutral support tire change, thanks again!