Monday, April 20, 2009

LD stem's begin...

Today was a 50/50 day...

The first 6 hours I worked on wiring up the new entry room and exterior security lighting, the last 6 I worked on fabrication of some LD stems.

Below is Jerone's stem that will be going on his custom Crisp Ti bike...hoping to get it done and in the mail tomorrow so Darren will have it in time for the European Handbuilt Bicycle show in May.

I'm only throwing up a few pics, as I'm planning on putting together a little video on the process for y'all to enjoy. So here ya go, design work done, laid out on the table, and the stem body cut/bent/mitered/filed...

Add a little heat to draw it all together...
Initial pinch slot cut, pinch bolt tacked and ready for some fillet work...

I'll get this guy all done in the am before I begin electrical wiring and the outside awnings...really hopping lately ;)
Glad it's been raining so that I don't feel like I'm missing out on riding.
cheers,
rody

No comments: